Main Research Topics
- Measurement of energy efficiency based on economic foundations
- Analysis of the economic impact of energy policy instruments
- Productivity and efficiency analysis
- Regulation of “natural monopolies” (industries, usually utilities)
- Competitiveness of hydro-electric power plants
- Empirical analysis of the energy demand
Ongoing Research Projects
- European Commission - Horizon 2020 Energy (PENNY): Psychological, social and financial barriers to energy efficiency.
- Swiss Federal Office of Energy (SFOE): Underlying energy efficiency and technological change in the Swiss household sector.
- Swiss Competence Center for Research in Energy, Society and Transition (SCCER-CREST), WP2.1 "Analysis of socio-economic determinants of adoption of efficient technologies in Switzerland".
- European Cooperation in Science and Technology (COST) and the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI): Economic impact evaluation of integrated ragweed management.
- Federal Office for the Environment (FOEN): Impact assessment of river restoration in Switzerland.
We organize a joint CER-ETH & CEPE research seminar in Energy, Environmental & Resource Economics on Fridays where internationally known researchers present their work.
In addition, there is the CER-ETH research seminar on Mondays.
There is also an internal D-MTEC PhD Seminar Series on Thursdays. Purpose of this seminar is to give Phd students the opportunity to present outlines, progress or individual problems related to their phd thesis.